Thursday, April 15, 2010

Half-way there and going bananas!!

Well we are officially half-way to her due date!!!!

So monkey is fittingly the size of a banana this week. According to my weekly update she is 10 1/2 ounces and 10 inches long from head to heel. Apparently she is practicing her swallowing in there which is wierd to imagine but very good for her and her digestive system. She is moving around with a lot more force than before and I feel her pretty much all day- though her favorite time to move around is 5-7ish at night. I am starting to get really anxious now and am very excited to meet her. At this point I am totally cool with her staying in there as long as she wants- Ask me the third week of August when I am huge and hot and it may be a different answer but for now I am content with her staying in there for the long haul! Aaron and I have been diligently looking up names and trying out some of our favorites. I am shocked how difficult picking a name is!!! I try to imagine our family members saying the different names- especially her cousins and its been helpful to imagine if the name really fits in or not.
My body is definitely changing and I feel like every day it looks different. I have been having some sleep difficulties this week leaving me very sluggish but I am still feeling very good besides this. I am completely converted my wardrobe to maternity clothes at this point. I am sure I could still wear some of my old pants with a bella band but the maternity clothes are just so much more comfortable. I am really looking forward to this evening because Aaron and I have a relaxing evening at home planned. We have both been working and missing eachother this week so I am excited to just hang out. I am really hoping that tonight is the night that Aaron feels her move! I plan on trying to get her going with some music- I cant wait to see what makes her move the most and I might try shining the flashlight back and forth to see if she rolls over!! I have been dying to share the excitement of her moving so I definitely have my fingers crossed she really wallops her daddy tonight!
Aaron and I registered at Babies R Us this past weekend and what an experience that was. We were probably in the store for 3 hours just checking out all the craziness that is that store. We spent the most amount of time trying out strollers. We were checking the safety features and trying them out to make sure we'd like walking it around. After much deliberation we finally realized that when we were babies they never had stuff like this and we were spending far to much analyzing all these crazy products! I am fairly certain that we registered for every feminine monkey product that there was and can't wait to start decorating her nursery. I will make one final disclosure about our registry and that is that Aaron was in charge of scanning what went on- hence the 2 bags of 4lb animal crackers???? There were several times during the trip that I laughed so hard I had tears coming out of my eyes so I must say that overall it was a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment