Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy 1/2 Birthday Lainey!



Dear Lainey,

Today you are 6 months old! I didn't know how unbelievably excited I would be on this day but I am so happy to celebrate your unbirthday with you.  You are starting to act and look like a such a big girl and I fear that my little baby is already growing up so fast.  You are so beautiful! I honestly believe that you are the most beautiful baby I have ever seen.  You are so funny! You make me laugh right out loud every single day and I know that Daddy thinks you are hysterical too! He is always giggling at your funny faces and your crazy noises and your seriously playful personality.  You are starting to sit up all by yourself, and not just for a few seconds while I hover over you to make sure you don't fall- but you have been slowly starting to sit up and play.  I am so proud of you!  Today we woke up a little earlier than usual and I sang the Happy Birthday song to you all morning.  You had apples and oatmeal for breakfast and Mama made you this silly little 1/2 birthday hat.  We snuggled and played all morning until Mama had to go to work :-( I have officially decided that I will be playing hookie on your REAL birthday every year for as long as you let me celebrate with you!  When Mama left for work you and Daddy spent the morning together bouncing in your seat and practicing your tummy time!  Grammy came over this afternoon to spend time with you until Mama got home from work and you did an AWESOME job showing her how you are such a big sitting girl! When Mama got home from work we snuggled some more.  You had chicken and apples for dinner, yes everything was homemade so the chicken was definitely a funky texture and your silly faces warmed my heart! After dinner we skyped with Grampy and Auntie Catherine and they were so excited when you screamed "HAAA" at them- which we have all decided is your version of HI.  Mama then gave you a bath, which you still LOVE, and we snuggled until you fell asleep.  I hope that you had a special day and that we always spend a little extra time together on all of your 1/2 birthdays! Mama LOVED celebrating her 1/2 birthdays and I hope that you and I can make our own silly 1/2 birthday traditions!  The past 6 months has been the most meaningful time in my life.  I love you more than you could ever understand and much more than I could ever express in this letter.  I hope that you feel my love every day and you know how grateful I am for you!  I honestly believe that I love everyone that I cared about before you were born even more now as I see them with you especially Daddy.  I couldn't be happier that I picked your Daddy to spend the rest of my life with.  We were so excited to get married and start a family and I think that you ended up with the best daddy in the entire world.  You are the most beautiful, smart, funny, playful, silly, healthy, strong, sweet, loving, lovable, curious little monkey in the world.  Happy 1/2 Birthday Lainey!

I love you!
Mama

2 comments:

  1. so sweet! happy half birthday, lainey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hilary! I am truly getting excited for the Naterpillar Party Updates!!

    ReplyDelete