Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve!

I have been trying to convince Lainey all day today that New Years Eve is her holiday and that since her middle name is thanks to this WONDERFUL holiday that she is destined to have fabulous New year's Eve's for many years to come.  By the amount of smiles and silliness she has elicited today I am pretty sure she is in agreement that NYE is AWESOME!! I must say that 2010 has been a fabulous year.  But then I really feel like every year I say this.  2008- I was so excited because we had JUST bought our first home, 2009 we were married and JUST found out we were pregnant 2010 we had our beautiful girl and she JUST found her little toes this we*.  We have a lot to be thankful for here in the Babinski household and we have even more to look forward too.  Bring it on 2011- we are excited! 

I have for about as long as I can remember LOVED when babies eat their own toes.  I think it is adorable and have been waiting for this milestone since I found out I was pregnant!  And this week sure enough Lainey reached down, tugged off her sockies (which is a task she has officially mastered) and inserted her big toe into her mouth.  Her face was absolutely priceless and once again this little angel has melted my heart more than I thought possible.  I was actually telling my mother this week that she seems to think that she is the luckiest baby on earth to have feet.  Sometimes she will take a quick nibble and look at me with her big beautiful eyes and I swear she is giving me a look that says "thank you soooooo much for giving me these feet" I don't want to deny that I am sure God had a hand in creating such a beautiful babe but I can't help but lean in close to my moo and whisper "you're welcome"

No comments:

Post a Comment