Tuesday, September 28, 2010

God Bless Lainey!

We had Lainey's Christening on September 26th! It was a great day!!! It was one of the most adult moments I have ever had. I thought having a child was adult but having her baptized definitely felt more adult than welcoming her into the world. We were so happy to have so many family members and friends join us! When we called to schedule her baptism we were surprised to only have 2 weeks to pull everything together and let everyone know about her special day! We were so happy that so many people could make it and we missed those who weren't!



Lainey's Godparents are my sister Catherine and Aaron and I's brother-in-law Joe. We are really excited about these choices and think that Lainey is a very special girl to have such great Godparents. If anyone can best represent Aaron and I it is Catherine and Joe. All four of us were not really sure what we were doing that day but luckily we have the nicest priest and he walked us through the process.



Lainey looked absolutely adorable in her Christening gown. Here is Grammy showing her off to me for the picture. Poor Grammy got cut out of all the pictures because I was just so in love with my little one I zoomed right in!



Grammy was nice enough to get Lainey matching shoes, panties, headband and sweater! Here are her cute LITTLE shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment