Friday, September 10, 2010

Lainey's here!!






Well I have about 3 posts that are halfway finished that never got published- pertaining to the end of the pregnancy and awaiting the arrival of our little monkey. We also have some Shower #2 pictures to post. I will definitely finish those up and add them to the blog but for now I wanted to proudly announce the birth of our little monkey!! Lainey Eve Babinski was born at 10:59pm on August 28th. She was 8 lbs. 1.5 oz. and 21 inches long. She is absolutely perfect!! The first 2 weeks have been a roller coaster ride for sure but we seem to have adjusted and the last few days have been amazing!! We had our fair share of breastfeeding woes but we've been sticking it out and it truly seems to be getting better. So far Lainey likes to sleep, poop and make funny faces! Aaron and I are convinced that she is a very advanced baby as she already holds her head up when on her tummy, can respond to her name and just seems like she already has her own personality.

Many people have asked where her name came from: Lainey- basically Aaron and I made a long list of our favorite names- He added Lainey and we both just thought it fit her. At first we were thinking of Laney but I did not like the mean (a road) and wanted something a little more special. We actually both found Lainey-meaning bright light, torch, shining star- the same day and I think it was a sign that she was meant to be Miss. Lainey! Eve- I remember hearing her heartbeat for the first time and I was sort of overwhelmed with this feeling of excitement and hope. It was the exact same feeling I had the night I met Aaron. Like there was just no turning back and the future was sure to be bright. So in order to acknowledge how Lainey came to be we decided to name her Eve - in reference to the night we met- New Years Eve.

Boomer has been adjusting very well! Way better than I ever could have imagined. He absolutely adores his little sister and has been very loving and very protective of her. We couldn't be happy with how he is responding!

Well now that we seem to be getting the hang of this parenting thing I hope to be able to post more regularly to share fun stories about our little monkey! As well as some photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment