Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!



So as most of you remember Lainey's middle name "EVE" was chosen to represent the first time Aaron and I met- New Years Eve.  This year, like every other year since 2004, Aaron had to work.  Lainey, Boomer and I had our own little mini NYE bash until the two of them wore themselves out and crashed before the ball dropped.  As much as I wanted my little moo to welcome in the new year with us I have to admit that I was happy that the "kids" decided to sleep through the 10 second countdown as Aaron got out of work at 11, was home at 11:30, and was able to pour us some classic cocktails in time for us to celebrate our own special moment.  This was our 6th midnight kiss and it truly gets better each year. 

I tried to explain to Lainey that this was her holiday and that I hope ever New Year's Eve she experiences is as magical, hopeful and exciting as it can possibly be.

Of course there needs to be one of my wide eyed girl!

Getting her NYE groove on!

Boomer wasn't quite as entertained by my antics but reluctantly he did participate!

Well I hope that everyone else is looking forward to 2011 as much as I am.  One of my resolutions is to be a more balance woman.  I hope to better manage my role as Mommy, Wife, Working Woman, and still give something to myself.  I have also made a resolution to blog more.  As much as I wish I was a diary writer, or a scrapbooker I am just no good at either and I am hoping that this will be a great way to not only share our stories and moments with family and friends but also a place to hold all of the memories I want to give Lainey when she is older.

No comments:

Post a Comment