Saturday, January 8, 2011

Snow Day!

Lainey's First Snow
Growing up my mother always made a very big deal about the FIRST SNOW of the season.  As far back as I can remember she would make my brother, my sister and I go for a walk during the first snow.  It sounds silly but we all loved this and as soon as the weather turned cold and smell of snow was in the air we would get as excited about our walk as we would about the potential to have a SNOW DAY from school.  I can honestly remember getting woken up in the middle of the night to walk down the street in back just to be sure we didn't miss it!  When I was in college I would call my mom during the first snow if I wasn't with her and she would talk with me as I did a quick walk around campus.  This is one of the traditions that I hope to carry on with Lainey.  We did miss the first few snowfalls because they were short snow showers and by the time I got Lainey all bundled up they had passed.  BUT I was able to get her out there during the first snow that amounted to anything and here is a peak at our very first "walk in the snow"

Thank you Corey for my snow suit!

I made a small snowball and let her take a taste.  MMMM she loved it!!!!

   
All bundled up and ADORABLE!




As you can see I am also trying out some new designs with the blog and I am hoping that you will stick with me as I try out some new things!!!

2 comments:

  1. so cute! & i love the new layout, lookin' gooood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I am getting there. Its crazy how fun this can be!

    ReplyDelete